Monday, July 16, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend - Moab Daily(s)

Our family obviously loves being on the river. But I REALLY enjoy being on the river...and not fishing.  Sorry Aaron.  Rafting is one thing that I really miss doing often.  So when Aaron asked what I wanted to do on Mother's Day - I just asked that we got out on the river for a couple of days.  Our friend Scott offered to let us borrow his boat and it just seemed to happen!   We chose to head over to Moab for a couple of reasons:  A)  It's relatively close.  B) It's definitely a float with few rapids (in fact, the water was so low, there weren't really any rapids.  C)  Because you can do the different sections in a day (hence the name...daily) we didn't have to pack a groover!

Both of the girls have spent plenty of time on rivers - either on a raft or the drift boat.  However, Hannah (aka Honey Badger) does not like to wear her life jacket.  So we were somewhat worried about her spending 2 whole days in the her life jacket.  But as long as we kept feeding her....she was fine!  Actually, she did much better than that and I think she is finally used to wearing her life jacket. 

 We brought our paddle board and tethered it to the boat so we could bust it out when we wanted.  There is plenty of flat water on this section of the Colorado so we all took turns - even Hannah!




Back at camp

Me & my girls
 Dinner is the best part about camping - well in opinion - but eating is my most favorite thing to do.  The first night we dined on Chicken & Dumplings from the dutch oven and I was so proud that it turned out that I had to take a picture.  And what is camping without smores!



Now that's a big SMORE






Thank you for a wonderful weekend on the river Aaron, Emma and Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment