I had a first this week - my first hospital stay (other than when Emma was born). And I'd have to say the accomodations were pretty nice! On Sunday, Aaron was fishing on the San Juan and Emma and I were having a girls day. But around 1:00 or so, I started having severe pain in my right flank....So unfortunately, after going into the ER around 8:30 (after already going to Urgent Care earlier), I was admitted to the hospital for KIDNEY STONES! And they hurt like a SOB! I passed the stones and was released on Tuesday morning. It was nice to go home and sleep in my own bed. The hardest part about the whole thing was that kids under 18 are not currently allowed into the hospital, unless they are being treated. So while I was the ER, Emma had to stay in the waiting room with Aaron. The good thing was that my friend Morgan was my ER nurse so it made it a little bit easier. And while I was staying in the hospital, we had to meet in the cafeteria so that I could see Emma. She seemed a little bit concerned about the juice box that was connected to my forearm :)
You may be wondering why I would be hospitalized for 2 days or so just for kidney stones....but it is was a little bit more complicated due to another condition I currently have.....I am just about 11 weeks pregnant with a playmate for Dink! So they were concerned about my over-dehydration, my inability to keep anything down and wanted to monitor the fetus. Plus, they were pumping me full of narcotics (which I am sure they got sick of me asking if it was safe). The funny thing about all of this is that my first pre-natal appointment was on Wednesday...so we actually got to see the baby a little bit early - and we are so grateful that there is only 1!
No comments:
Post a Comment